Bryan is a highly experienced and talented musician and guitarist currently signed to Tone Def Records (Private) Limited. He is endowed with the ability of casting a musical spell over the audiences with his strong vocals and guitar chops. Further, Bryan’s passion for music enables him to adapt and adjust his own style to suit different music genres.
Bryan was the ultimate winner of StarBrite season one (1) in 2012 (StarBrite is a Zimbabwean Talent show). Bryan has one album to his name which is to be released end of February 2015.
- Solo acoustic performances for corporate functions, parties, weddings, charity events, concerts etc.
- Performances with a full band and dancers.
- Ability and willingness to play popular songs from the 70′s, 80′s, 90′s and today.
- Music instruments proficiency – Guitar, Piano and percussion.
- Composing and recording commercials for radio and TV.
- Impromptu music composition and performance. (He is always ready)
- Bryan Kadengu is a young man born and raised in a small town called Chinhoyi located in Mashonaland West province of Zimbabwe. Bryan discovered his singing talent at the very tender age of 11. It is then that he fell in love with music and started developing his vocal skills.
- Bryan started playing guitar at the age of 15 in 2007 after being influenced by his brother and friend, Maxwell Chiungwe, who taught him all the basics. Bryan has over the years developed a unique music touch by consistent practicing, jam sessions with other musicians, performances and listening to different genres of music.
- Bryan grew up listening to Zimbabwean artists such as, Andy Brown, Devera Ngwena, Isaac Chirwa, Leonard Dembo, Mateo, and Fortune Muparutsa amongst others and international artists such as, Jonathan Butler, Stevie Wonder, Donnel Jones, Michael Jackson, Boys 2 Men, Brian McKnight, and Musiq Soulchild amongst others.
- His singing style was greatly influenced by Mateo, Jonathan Butler and Musiq Soulchild.
Bryan's Ultimate Goals
Bryan is a hard working perfectionist whose ultimate goal is to become the biggest and most successful International artist from Africa. As such, Bryan’s short term goal is to be recognized at the following;
- ZIMA Awards
- MTV Africa Music Awards
- NAMA Awards
- KORA Awards
- Channel O Africa Music Awards
- “KUMUSHA” recorded on the 15th of January 2014 at Orec Music Lab.
- “Nyaya DzeRudo” released on 14 February 2015
- Starbrite Talent Show winner 2012
- Metbank Achiever of the year award 2012
- Zimbabwe German Society Acoustic Night Most promising artist 2011.
- Most valuable player at the 2011 Regina Mundi Basketball tournament.
- EMA best entertainer 2012.
He is the first StarBrite winner in 2012 after its relaunch. He has worked with the StarBrite team afterwards and has provided mentorship on the contestants and worked as the judge as well.